I came across this asian inspired soup and thought it was a good time to share given the fall weather seems to have kicked in. It is vegetarian and deelish!
– 5 oz Thin Rice Noodles
– 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
– 2 Tbsp Tamari (Or low-Sodium soy sauce)
– 2 Tsp Tahini
– 1 tsp Hot chill pepper sauce
– 1 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
– 1/2 Tsp Garlic minced
– 1 Cup grated carrot
– 1/2 c frozen peas, thawed
– 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
– 1 cup chick peas, drained and rinsed
– 4 cups brewed green tea
– 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Combine ginger, soy sauce, tahini, hot chill sauce, lime juice and garlic powder in a small bowl and mix well. Add sauce mixture, carrot, peas, edamame, chickpeas and rice noodles to a large bowl, and pour in hot tea. Stir until sauce mixture is dissolved in tea.
- Stir in chopped cilantro (if using) before serving.